Eon IT ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Course is a two-days intensive course enables participants to lead an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS project and to helps the organization mitigate cybercrime risks. There are significant structural changes including flexible risk assessment and continuous improvement options. In September 2013, ISO27001:2005 was replaced by the updated ISO 27001:2013 standard.
This course will help you understanding the requirements of the standard and give you the skills and understanding of the practicalities involved when setting up a robust and self-sustaining Information Security Management System that conforms with the standard.
The course also highlights the strategies and road-map to set up policies, processes and procedures for your ISMS. This three-day intensive course enables delegates to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing and managing an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- Understanding the concepts, methods/techniques for managing ISMS effectively.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities with your ISMS implementation
- The definition of ‘risk’ under ISO27001:2013 and how to carry out the risk assessment – the core competence of ISMS.
- Statement of Applicability (SOA) and the justification for inclusions & exclusions.
- Writing policies and producing other mandatory documentation
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A
- Manage and drive continual improvement under ISO27001:2013.
- How to prepare for the ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Hands-on business examples and case studies.
Attendees will receive
- Training material: copy of the presenter’s slides
- Work Shops
- Practice Scenarios
Who Should Attend
It is especially relevant for those who have the responsibility to implement information security management in a business or provide consultation on the subject. Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001.
Suggested job roles and their teams include:
- Information Security Managers
- Information Security Consultants
- IT Managers
- Corporate Governance Managers
- Risk/Compliance Manager
When and Where
From May 22 and May 23, 2017 at Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman