Eon IT ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Course is a two-days intensive course enables participants to lead an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS project and to helps the organization mitigate cybercrime risks. There are significant structural changes including flexible risk assessment and continuous improvement options. In September 2013, ISO27001:2005 was replaced by the updated ISO 27001:2013 standard. This course will help you understanding the requirements of the standard and give you the skills and understanding of the practicalities involved when setting up a robust and self-sustaining Information Security Management System that conforms with the standard. The course also highlights the strategies and road-map to set up policies, processes and procedures for your ISMS. This three-day intensive course enables delegates to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing and managing an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- Understanding the concepts, methods/techniques for managing ISMS effectively.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities with your ISMS implementation.
- The definition of ‘risk’ under ISO27001:2013 and how to carry out the risk assessment – the core competence of ISMS.
- Statement of Applicability (SOA) and the justification for inclusions & exclusions.
- Writing policies and producing other mandatory documentation.
- Reviewing your existing controls and mapping controls to Annex A.
- Manage and drive continual improvement under ISO27001:2013.
- How to prepare for the ISO 27001 certification audit.
- Hands-on business examples and case studies.