IT governance is an integral part of overall enterprise governance. Regulations establish board responsibilities and require that the directors exercise due diligence in their roles. Boards and executive management need to extend governance to IT and provide the leadership to ensure that the enterprise’s IT sustains and extends the enterprise’s strategies and objectives. This one-day workshop looks at IT Governance from the perspective of CEO’s, and Director’s; uses a participative approach; provides an introduction to IT Governance, its relationship with Corporate Governance and its relevance in developing and sustaining organizations in the private and public sector.
THE WORKSHOP COVERS
- What is Governance and IT Governance?
- The role and responsibilities of the Board, executive management and the CIO
- The Delivery of Value and Strategic Opportunity
- An introduction to ISO 38500 – The IT Governance Standard
- IT Governance Maturity Assessment Toolkit
- IT Governance Board Checklist